Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Joys of Motherhood and Pregnancy!

Attention mothers with multiple children! We have a mother in need here!!

My husband and I wanted to have our first two children pretty close together. The purpose? I wanted them to be little buddies and be able to keep each other company. But, here is the question of the day, AM I READY?

I believe strongly that bringing children into this world is very scared and part of our purpose here on earth. BUT, I also believe very strongly that if you have too much on your plate, DON'T ADD MORE. Overeating has never made me feel particularly good! I do know that pregnancy emotions and hormones are running wild inside of me right now, so by tomorrow, I might feel completely different about this second child coming so soon.

Here are the questions that run through my mind...

Should I move Lenni (16months old) to a toddler bed now? or later?
*only 3 or 4 more months until baby brother is taking over the crib*

What is the best double stroller?
*every opinion I have gotten hates or loves a different one*

Why is my house NEVER clean?
*I would assume that that gets even worse with each child*

Should I take another tylenol for my back pain or just tough it out?
*hot baths have been my best friend to help with this question!*

Is it ok for my kids to share a room even though it's a brother and a sister?
*although I have no idea if we will be living in a 1, 2, or 3 bedroom place next year, that all depends on those fabulous acceptance letters that we are waiting on!*

Is it too early to start timeout for Lenni, will she really understand it yet?
*we've done it once so far, but I don't think she even understood why she was in trouble whichseems really sad! And then I feel really mean!!*

ANY ADVISE? PLEASE, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO GOOGLE ALL MY QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS :-)

All in all I guess it's just one of those days! Maybe I should make some cookies!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

K, do you guys call her Lenni? I was so confused for a while...but it's cute I like it!

So here's what I think if you wanna know...

I moved Etta to a twin bed on the floor at about 14 months and she's done fine! I say better to deal with any issues that need ironing out in the new situation before you have another one to deal with.

I've heard both too but more that the front and back are more easy to maneuver in the mall stores which is where you'll really be using it. I've heard the graco duo glider or whatever is affordable and great.

House never clean? I have empathy and no answer. The thing that helps the most for me is to have a cleaning schedule for myself and teach Etta early to put things back which she's just now getting good at.

Take tylenol if you need it.

Of coarse the kids can share a room.

Time outs I think probably are too early but you want to feel like you're doing something I know!! Positive Discipline is an awesome book with great ideas and they have one geared towards kids under three...love it love it love it!

Sorry about the book, hope it helps.

Cyndy Parkinson said...

16 months is young for a bed. A mattress on the floor is a good idea, but the baby can also go in a basinet or his chair for a couple months. You have a lot of changes coming up. Try to figure out what will be easier for your moving, travel, and getting settled in a new location.

Definitely front to back on the stroller. Buy whatever you can get the best deal on. They wear out fast anyway, if you use it a lot.

Enjoy your kids. Let them enjoy life. Have them pick up their toys before heading out, or at least before bed at night. Clean your kitchen after they are in bed each night. It helps your day and your outlook to wake up to a clean kitchen in the morning.

Tiffany said...

I would say she is too young for a toddler bed. I have three sharing a room and it is working out great. I would say definitely side by side stroller. The house is cleaner when I'm not pregnant because I feel better. Take the tylenol if you need it. I started time out with my kids around 20-22 months. I am all for positive discipline.

And just a thought...two kids is AWESOME. I thought it was a pretty easy transition...I actually thought it was easier than transitioning to 1. Best of luck.

The only advice I would give...get as much packed as possible before the baby comes. If you know your moving it will help ease the burden of packing with a new born.

Steph Revelli said...

I love everyone's comments, it's kinda the same as I would've said...sorry i dont have more than 1 kid, but I am the oldest of many, so i guess i have some advice...haha I think she is too young for a toddler bed right now. When Micah crawled out of his crib we had his matress on the floor for awhile and just recently got a bed and he's fine because toddler beds are very low to the ground. Plus, it's like someone else said...won't you have a bassinet or something in your room for a few months anyways? She doesn't need to give up the crib yet. Also, i have a double stroller, i know it sounds dumb cuz i have just 1 kid, but it has come in handy many times with friends. i LOVE it! It's the chicco side by side and it fits through doorways! It also lays down really far and has a thing on the end that will help keep an infant in there so they are safe and don't slip out. It's hard to explain, i can show if you want. Anyways, i think tylenol is fine, that's what doctors say, so i'm sure it's cool. and with your kids being so young, it's fine to have them share a room, especially while you're in law school and it won't be that long and because you dont know what kind of place you'll be in. It could be fun to decorate each kids' side of the room in the kind of stuff they like! What i've heard about 'time out' is that at that age, it's fine, but after about 30 sec, you let them out because that's long enough for them to feel the punishment and they might forget why they are there after too long....haha Anyways, good luck!

$3.4 Billion in Free Scholarships.