Monday, January 11, 2010

TOP 3 FAVORITE DATES RIGHT NOW

These are all favorites for different reasons but they are repetitively fun for me and the hubs! Yet my favorite dates of ours are usually always changing... so I'll post more again!!

1. PizzaPie Cafe- all you can eat salad, pizza and pasta for only $6.99. Love it cause Lenni (my 16 month old) loves it! It's a restaurant that we can go to (and not brake the bank) and sit and talk for awhile because Nora loves the food! There are gold fish and craisins at the salad bar and she is all about those when she's through with her pizza. The salad bar is exceptionally good for being an "all you can eat" place. It's very fresh. The husband can eat as much as he wants, the baby loves the finger foods and I love not spending tons of money at a restaurant (no tip is needed)! Great date when you don't have a sitter!

2. Hale Center Theatre- This one you must have a babysitter but very worth it! Last year my husband got us season tickets for my Christmas gift. There are 7 shows a year and they are all amazing! I've ALWAYS loved going to musicals but have never really been interested in any other plays or comedies, so I admit I wasn't super excited to go to our first show that wasn't a musical... well now I feel very differently! The Hale is awesome! They have made someone like me LOVE the theatre! I think I like the other shows more than the musicals now! We leave there crying or laughing like there's no tomorrow! Thanks to my hubs! But a little advice... don't buy the season tickets because there are tons of coupons out there for buy one get one or buy one get one half off, which is a MUCH better deal. There are always coupons in those coupon calenders that each city gets every year. Just let me know if you're looking for a coupon and can't find one!

3. Date night at home- this one may sound kind of lame :-) this is for all of you who are researching graduate schools right now. After Lenni goes to sleep we'll sit at the desk together and research schools. Mark with his laptop and me with my computer. We read through the website of the school, ranking, tuition, joint degrees, scholarships (need based and merit based) and just get a feel for it. While he is reading the stats and facts, I'm doing the fun stuff, researching the area! I look up rentals and homes for sale on craigslist in that city. I look up the libraries to see if they have story times or fun activities... etc. It's actually a lot of fun. So each time we do this I love the school we are looking at because I get so excited about the area! This really helps me, as the wife, to be excited about where we may move to! Helps with the anxiety since right now we have NO idea where we are going to end up. DC, ST. Louis, Virginia, California, Utah... who knows! Anyways, this is a fun date night because we are learning and researching our future together. If Mark was doing this alone I think I'd feel like I couldn't have a say in the school we finally choose to go to.

Well hope this helps a bit! If you have any dates that you love be sure to comment!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So I have an idea. I would love it if you could check out my new blog. If you have a button I can put it on mine and when I figure out how to make one if you want it great. Good luck with it!

$3.4 Billion in Free Scholarships.